Saturday, September 08, 2007

Turkey, Antalya once again


Turkish lighter
Originally uploaded by mo_mughrabi

I just came back from Turkey, a vacation which lasted for almost 8 days. It felt so much less because of all the connecting flights and the good time off course.

To be frank I never thought I'll go to turkey again, I've been there few times before and most my previous experience was terrible to repeat them. But, this time it was completely different perhaps the group was making this much better. Plus, Unlike the other visits I didn't follow the normal touristic root this time. I've been to a different city near the sea "Tekirova" which is 50 km away from Antalya city and 70 km from Antalya Airport.

I thought this time I won't post everything about the trip at once. Instead, I'll write this post in general and other posts about specific topics I feel it's worth bringing up...

Flying with turkish airlines is not the most pleasant experience. In the international root (Kuwait to Istanbul, Istanbul to Kuwait) the planes were new and the pilots were very skilled in the landing and take off. but, the domestic flight was a nightmare the plane seemed like never been into maintenance before. During the landing the chairs were shaking, roof, almost everything. If you got flying phobia you should never get on a domestic flight!! NEVER!!

Landing in Antalya, the airport is designed in a way it's small and very together. You don't even need to ask anybody it's easy to walk in and out since you can see the entire dimensions from where you standing.

Transportation, from the airport there is no public transportation, I was told there is buses but I never saw any. I was forced into one of the Taxi's, the good thing though near the taxi station you will find a big board with the exact cost for each area you heading. Written in Euro, Dollar and Turkish New Lira it will give you a clue of how much you are supposed to pay.

On board I've met with the best company ever, on a personal level it was amazing to meet Tania. In General, the entire group was fun, easy going and very chilled. I learned few words in Russian and am planning to dig more, in the beginning it was hard to make out if the sentence is over or if its only a pause. If this trip lasted for another 10 days I would blogged this paragraph in Russian (wink).

No comments: